How the Sale Works
How the Sale Works:
It’s super easy! On this site you can find out more information about the sale and decide if you want to be a shopper, consignor, volunteer, or all three!
• SHOPPERS purchase items at huge savings—often 50-90% off retail prices!
• CONSIGNORS sell their items to earn money—and they get to shop early.
• TEAM MEMBERS/VOLUNTEERS perform various tasks at each sale as part of the JBF Team—plus they get to shop even earlier for the best deals!
• Your next step is to register. You do not need to register to shop, but you will want to register to receive special deals and emails with discounts and further information from JBF. Click here to register.
• Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email that includes your Universal JBF number. If you are a consignor, this number is your Universal consignor number (UCN). You will need it to participate in the sales event. If you are not consigning, consider this number a “JBF membership number.” Everyone who registers will receive a number. Isn’t that special?
From your My JBF Profile page, you can:
-- register as a consignor
-- sign up to be a team member/volunteer
-- sign up for multiple JBF mailing lists easily all in one place
-- communicate with event organizers
-- create and print your sales tags through our linked tagging site (myjbftags).
• This is the super fun part! Find your local sales event (click here to do that) and make note of the shopping dates and locations near you so you can shop the great deals and bargains. Some shop multiple sales to make the most of their super savvy shopping skills.
• Lots of folks who start out as shoppers with JBF become sellers or "consignors." Why? Because it’s so much fun to sell your items to make money—which means you can then shop more! Plus, it lets you recoup some of the investment made in purchasing quality items for your family.
• Remember that once you register with JBF (see above), you will receive your universal consignor number or "JBF Number" in a confirmation email. This number can be used to consign at any Just Between Friends event across the country!
• Be sure to read through all communications and the JBF website which is full of tips, dates/times, ideas and other important information about the sale in which you'd like to participate. (NOTE: Typically, your local JBF events host a Spring/ Summer sale and a Fall/Winter sale each year).
• Log in to the JBF site using your Email address and Password. This takes you to your "My JBF Profile" page. Once you are on your My JBF Profile page, register for the sale with which you'd like to consign under the "Upcoming Events" section on the right-hand side of the page by clicking the pink "Sign Up" button.
• Once you have signed up as a consignor for your desired event, you will want to create your tags for the items you want to sell. From your My JBF Profile page, you can access the tagging system by clicking on the "Enter My Tags" link (in the green bar below your Universal Consignor Number near the top of the page). Enter your info, print your tags, and prep your items for the sale.
• Prior to each sale, you will drop-off your items during the designated “DROP OFF” time. We encourage you to separate all clothing by gender and size before you arrive as this makes drop-off easier… and faster!
• Once you arrive at the event location, you will first check in with the event coordinator. After you have "checked in," you will bring your items to the Inspection Area where we will make sure all items are ready for selling. While your clothing is being inspected, you can start putting out all other items in the designated areas on the sales floor.
• After inspection, you then will hang your clothing on the appropriate racks, typically by gender and size.
• At drop-off, you also will receive a Consignor Pre-Sale pass and, if applicable, a Team Member/Volunteer Pre-Sale pass to shop even early! Make sure to pick up these passes before you go as they are your ticket into the Pre-Sales!
• That's it! You are done with check in!
• Now all you have to do is go shop the bargains! About two weeks later, you will get your check in the mail!
• We LOVE our Team Members and Volunteers! They make our JBF World go round! If you like being part of a team and shopping at the earliest available pre-sale, then check into being a part of our team! It is just tons of fun and the perks are fabulous!
• Yes, Team Members/Volunteers SHOP FIRST...followed by consignors and other special groups, such as First-time Parents, if offered (each sales event offers special shopping groups the opportunity to shop early. These vary by sale location).
• You may sign up for shifts at your local sales events from your My JBF Profile page by clicking the pink "Sign Up" button in the "Upcoming Events" section on the right-hand side of the page. You can then choose to volunteer. Once you click "Volunteer," you will then be able to select your shifts from the "Volunteer Shifts" pop-up page. Click "Confirm Shifts" and you are set. You will receive an email confirmation from your local JBF event coordinator. There may even be a bartering opportunities available if you are unable to volunteer, but still want to shop early. Keep an eye out for this info!
• Volunteers simply show up a half hour ahead of their scheduled shift times and get to then have some fun with other local JBF Superstars!
• That’s about it! Sign up early to make sure you get the shifts that work best for you. Again, we just love love love our Team Members & Volunteers! We'd love for you to be one, too!